Much of the time will be spent preparing for and meeting individually with your team members — an investment in their development that will start paying dividends almost immediately.
Your next steps
- Watch the video
- 9 Steps to Building a Fabulous Team for an introduction to this systematic team building process (and/or read ebook).
- If you have managers or team leaders, schedule a meeting to watch the video or assign the eBook.
- Discuss current People issues (pains and opportunities) and make a list of what you hope to accomplish with your People Plan.
- Map your team on the People + Performance Profiler
- Schedule a meeting with your key people to discuss current People issues (pains and opportunities) and make a list of what you hope to accomplish with your People Plan.
- Complete the project action plan and timeline
- Managers watch the “Employee Kickoff” video (Handouts)
- Review the action plan items and schedule months for the next 12 months. If there is a very busy season or key people, you can arrange around those dates (Sample One Year Project Timeline).
- Schedule your complimentary People strategy session with Diana Southall
- Schedule weekly project appointments
- Pick a day each week for the next 12 months to make a 2 hour commitment (less than 5% of your week) to building your team.
- Months 6-7 you will be leading individual performance discussions with each person, so expect to spend 90 minutes per person.
- Many of the elements are designed with your team leaders/managers, so have these people block off their calendars as well.
- Wednesday or Thursday mornings are a good time (start of the day).
- Put these on your calendar and treat as a client appointment—don’t cancel on yourself and your team.
- For each module, you will watch the training video, complete the template, and plan how you will integrate the powerful tool into your People coaching.