Recruit & Select A-Players
Finding good people is a challenge for all employers, but especially for small business. We work with you to design and launch an ongoing, semi-automated and data-driven selection system that repeatedly attracts A-Players, yields the best candidates, and gives you the tools to know that you are making the right decision before you hire.
An ideal selection process includes these elements:
DESCRIBE YOUR “EMPLOYER BRAND”
- Applicants want an employer Culture that matches their values and is a “great place to work”
- Describe what makes yours different and appealing to just the Right People
SHARE A REALISTIC JOB PREVIEW
- Give applicants a true picture of the job role- not just duties but responsibility, key results expected, role in decisions, key contacts
- Entice “passive” employed candidates to apply because your job sounds better than theirs!
ATTRACT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Clearly outline the Ideal Candidate’s skills and competencies so you are wooing the Right People
- Fill up your inbox with Ideal Candidates who are excited about your opportunity “This is the job for me!”
EASIER, FASTER, BETTER SCREENING
- Stop wading through “the pile” of too many applicants- discourage unqualified and barely interested from applying
- Improve the clarity and appeal of your job posting to attract the A Players and repel the C Players
Guide to Attracting and Selecting A-Players
This guide outlines the ongoing, streamlined and data-driven selection system to find and attract your ideal A-Player, and use modern selection tools to know that you are making the right decision before you hire.
[Guide publication date: November 2017]
Template: A Player Attractor Job Posting
Get a flood of qualified and interested A Player applicants with a targeted job posting that stands out! Appeal to the Right People by featuring what makes your job different, and save time by discouraging the unqualified.
[Watch the Recorded Training]
Recruit & Select with the “A-Player Attractor” System
RECRUITING & SELECTING “A-PLAYERS”
WHEN: Watch now
Watch this recorded training by Diana Southall to learn how to :
- Identify the A-Player Profile: Do you want a team with all A players? You have to know how to scout for talent.
- Boost your recruiting efforts to flood your inbox with great applicants
- Design your 5 phase selection process to find your ideal “needle in the haystack”
- Use technology to streamline your process and spend less time sorting through resumes
- Learn 10x more about your candidates with inexpensive modern selection tools
- “How to Build a Virtual Bench” for a continual flow of qualified applicants
Finding, attracting and selecting potential top performers is a huge challenge. Here are some popular articles to get you started in the right direction.
It's a candidates' market ... 50-90% of small businesses report "few or no qualified applicants" apply to their advertising [NFIB December 2018]. Yes we get it-- highest employment in the US in decades, lowest unemployment rates, 30 million shortage in skilled...
Last week I had similar conversations with owners at two very different businesses. I asked them: "Do you have Right People… in the Right Job?" If you have been in business for a few years, you start to realize that getting new customers isn’t the challenging,...
My first experience with recruiting was 1985. Our family business would run a short ad in the Buffalo News weekend edition and at 9 am Monday morning the phones would literally ring off the hook. Everyone in the office would frantically take down applicant's names and...