When an employee does not do what you expect… what could be the reason?
Here are twelve, listed by the main sources- employee motivation, ability, values, and the organization’s performance management.
- They don’t know what they are supposed to do
- They think they are doing it
- They don’t know how to do it
- They believe your way will not work
- They believe their way is better
- They believe something else is (or was) more important
- They don’t know WHY they need to do it
- There is no positive consequence when they do
- There is no negative consequence when they do NOT do it
- They are rewarded when they do NOT do it
- They are punished when they do it
- They expect a negative consequence when they do it
Image courtesy of pakorn at FreeDigitalPhotos.net